Current Fitness Classes
- As of 6/22, open swim times will be added at the Chota Recreation Center pool.
- All users will be screened.
- In accordance with state guidelines, a pool attendant will be assigned to the pool during its operating hours to monitor distancing (i.e., at least 6 feet between pool users unless they are of the same household) and to clean.
- Open swim times will be Monday-Sunday from 12:30p-2:00p and 2:30p-4:00p (30 minutes between sessions to disinfect).
- No more than 25 people at a time. All seating on the pool deck spaced by at least 6 feet. Seating will be cleaned after each use by the user (supplies will be provided).
- Members-only by reservation. No guest passes.
- No water toys or equipment.
- Users must sign-in upon entering to facilitate maintenance of a User’s Log which is a state requirement at aquatic venues.
- Starting 6/29, open swim will be added at the Kahite pool.
- The same procedures/guidance as Chota will be employed.
- Open swim times will be Monday-Sunday from 12:00p-2:00p.
- No more than 10 people at a time.
- The Wellness Center pool will continue to be used exclusively for lap swimming and/or exercise with no lane sharing and aquatic fitness classes. No open swim at this time.
Wellness Center: What’s Available?
The 26,000-square-foot wellness center contains a six-lane/25-yard indoor pool (45×75 feet), warm water therapy pool (approx 90 degrees), 6,250-square-foot exercise room equipped with cardio-theater, two fitness class studios, indoor walking track, full service men’s and women’s locker rooms equipped with saunas, four Har-Tru court tennis courts, pickleball courts, and large parking lot (201 spaces).
6 am – 9 pm Monday – Thursday
6 am – 8 pm Friday
7 am – 5 pm Saturday
10 am – 5 pm Sunday
Chota Recreation Center: What’s Available?
The 17,460 square-foot Chota Recreation Center contains a gymnasium, racquetball courts, meeting rooms, an activity/card room and locker rooms equipped with saunas. Outside the facility features three lighted tennis courts, a swimming pool and kiddie pool. Sports equipment available for use in the facility include badminton, racquetball and tennis racquets and balls and basketballs. Padlocks may be checked out for daily use lockers.
8 am – 9 pm Monday – Thursday
8 am – 5 pm Friday – Saturday
Kahite Activity Center: What’s Available?
The Kahite Activity Center contains two outdoor (unlighted) tennis courts, a 25’ by 50’ outdoor pool with gradual depth from 3’ – 5’, Men’s and Women’s locker room, and an activity room used for meetings, an exercise room, and fitness classes.
For hours of operation, please contact the Kahite pro shop at 423-884-6108.
For questions about the pool or fitness, please contact the Wellness Center at 865-458-7070.
Family Park and Beach Pavilion
The Family Park and Beach Pavilion are open to Property Owners and their guests. The Beach Pavilion and Family Park is a secluded getaway for the whole family tucked back on Tugaloo Drive. Located on Tellico Lake, the Family Park offers a host of features to property owners. A spacious playground will surely keep the kids busy. If lake swimming is what you prefer, you will find a netted swimming area, which rolls right onto our sandy beach. Our covered pavilion is equipped with grills, fans and electricity and can be reserved anytime for private events and parties by calling Chota Recreation Center, 865-458-6779.