March 13, 2020
TVPOA values the health and well-being of our residents, staff, and families. While there are a small amount of confirmed cases of COVID-19 (coronavirus) in the state of Tennessee, currently we are not aware of any cases in our local community.
TVPOA is following local, state, and national healthcare expert guidance and recommendations. We are sharing this information for the sake of transparency, so you are aware and can help reduce the spread of infection. The best ways to reduce the risk of getting COVID-19 or any viral respiratory infection include:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Keep a 6-foot distance from people.
- Clean and disinfect objects and surfaces frequently.
- Stay at home away from others if you are sick (cold, flu, etc.).
- Cover mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing, then throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands.
- Do not attend events, go to the gym, dine out, or go to work if you have cold or flu-like symptoms (elevated temperature, fever, cough, shortness of breath).
- Most importantly, if you experience flu symptoms, shortness of breath or any serious infection or virus, please stay home to avoid exposing others.
- If you have traveled outside of this area, you are advised to self-quarantine for 7-14 days. Please click here for more information.
TVPOA Board of Directors and staff are taking this time to inform residents of some changes taking place inside Tellico Village. The CDC is recommending that people maintain a 6-foot distance from each other. For this reason, all POA Board and advisory committee meetings will be closed to the public until further notice. We will record the Board meetings and hope to livestream them in the near future. We will update the community on Tuesday with this specific information for next week’s Board meeting.
Other changes to help promote the 6-foot guideline are as follows:
Recreation: We advise using your personal discretion when deciding whether to use the recreation facilities. If visiting our facilities, we strongly encourage you to do the following:
- maintain a 6-foot distance at all times,
- try not to use cardio machines right next to another user,
- wipe equipment before and after use, and
- spread out the time of day you visit. Afternoons and evenings have less users and would be good times to work out.
This may also be a good time to enjoy outdoor recreation options like pickleball, tennis, walking track, and the hiking trails.
Food Service: The Yacht Club has canceled all Tiki events for the remainder of March. However, all restaurants will remain open at this time. As always, take-out is a good option if you are not feeling well or simply want to avoid contact. Next Tuesday, we plan to begin offering curbside and delivery service if you call ahead.
Golf: There are no changes at this time.
We are leaving it to the discretion of the many Tellico Village clubs and groups as to whether you continue to meet or sponsor activities during this time. We urge you to consider CDC guidelines as you make these decisions. If you would like to cancel your events in the Village and have space reserved, please notify the appropriate person at the facility involved. If you decide to go ahead with your event, please encourage your members who are ill or who have traveled recently to remain at home.
Our goal is to be proactive and help limit exposure. As you know, this situation is changing rapidly. We will keep you informed as new information becomes available.